Easy Mozzarella & Tomato
This easy appetizer will please everyone. Especially if you use home grown tomatoes and super fresh mozzarella from the farmers market like burrata or buffalo mozzarella. Use a really fancy balsamic and a completely untouched olive oil and your guests will be swooning.
- 2 medium tomatoes, sliced thin (heirloom or from your backyard are preferable)
- 1-2 balls fresh mozzarella, sliced thin (from your local farmer)
- 1-2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- sea salt, to taste
- black pepper, to taste
- 2 tbsp fresh basil, minced (make sure its rinsed first before chopping)
- A large round plate, any will do
Alternating with cheese and tomato lay the slices down on top of each other in a circle making a spiral towards the middle. It’s best to use the largest slices first and then use the smaller ones towards the middle. After all the slices are down, sprinkle the vinegar and oil over the slices, throw a dash of salt and pepper as well. Now sprinkle the basil over the slices evenly. Enjoy!