I have been experimenting with Einkorn flour lately and I’m in the process of making my own sourdough starter for a lovely Einkorn Sourdough Bread, but that’s neither here nor there. Right now I have an awesome chocolate chip cookie recipe made with einkorn. It’s very easy and the cookies come out great. Einkorn flour has been said to be ok for people with gluten-sensitivities. It’s all about how you feel and how severe your sensitivity is, but you can experiment with these if you dare. Go ahead and try them out!
- ½ c butter or coconut oil, softened
- ½ c cane sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 ¾ c einkorn flour, sifted
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 c mini chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Line 2 baking pans with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl mix together butter or oil, sugar and eggs with a hand mixer until thoroughly mixed. In another smaller bowl mix together the dry ingredients and slowly add the dry mix to the wet mix, mixing with the hand mixer as you go until its all combined.
- Scrape off any dough from the hand mixer and mix in the chocolate chips with a wooden spoon. Then with a mini ice cream scoop (or using you hands) form small balls and scoop them onto the prepared sheet separating the cookies by 2 inches.
- Place pans in oven and bake for 10-12 minutes, until the bottom of the cookies are lightly browned. Let cool completely before eating. Enjoy!